Wednesday, January 13, 2010

*10 POINTS!!* Are Dark Nail Polishes Un-Professional For Work (Lincoln Park by OPI)?

I work as a legal assistant and was wondering if very dark nail polish (darkest brown color, almost black) is unprofessional for work..my boss is not the type to mind I believe, but I just dont have the confidence to wear it even though I love this color*10 POINTS!!* Are Dark Nail Polishes Un-Professional For Work (Lincoln Park by OPI)?
No i do not believe it is unprofessional at all. You are just showing who you are and your more edgy side. As long as your dressed professional i don't believe your nails would ruin it for ya, it just shows You care what you look like.*10 POINTS!!* Are Dark Nail Polishes Un-Professional For Work (Lincoln Park by OPI)?
I love Lincoln Park! It's my favorite OPI polish and I was wearing it to work last week. I don't think it's necessarily unprofessional, but you'll still have to consider your work environment. If it's a particularly conservative office, you may want to stick with nudes or beiges. But as someone else stated, it can always be quickly removed if it's ';too much';. Maybe you could work up to it? Try OPI ';Boris and Natasha'; - it's kind of a raisin color - dark, but not as dark as Lincoln Park, so you can test the waters.





The worst thing about these kinds of dark nail polishes, though, are that they'll show every flaw and chip, and we all know chipped nails are never a good look in an office. As long as you keep them neat and trimmed, and the polish is in good condition, Lincoln Park should be fine for most offices.





In my opinion, the colors to stay away from in an office are the ';brights'; - bright red, bright orange, etc. - and the ';weird'; colors - blues, greens, greys, etc.
Dark nail lacquers look chic and polished with short nails (length not far past the tip of your finger). Dark manicures are high maintenance and if you type a lot they chip quickly and start to look a little punk-rockish. Keeping the length short will help with that.





The good thing about nail lacquer? It comes off pretty easy - so if you DID try it and your boss didn't like it, you could use polish remover pads and get rid of it lickety-split! (I keep Cutex nail polish remover pads in my bag at all times. I swear by them!)
My mother is a paralegal and works closely with a lawyer every day.. She had the same debate not long ago about wearing dark nail polishes. She started with her toes and after building the confidence, she painted her nails, the darkest she's gone was a dark dark red, maroon kind of. She chose this color because well, shes big on being a good influence on me and my other siblings. But I would recommend you to go for it. It makes you look more mature and if you wear it with semi-long nails (or your own like me) your fingers look slimmer.
it depends on your skin tone. and what you wear. always avoid gems and nail decorations.


peronally i think black/brown might be pushing it if you have pale skin but it might be okay with darker skin tones.


to be on the safe side redish browns and red are safer or american manicure style beige with white tips is a good safe look as is french manicure!
As long as you don't have a funky design on your nails then it should be just fine. My mom is a big sales woman, and she gets different colors all the time. people don't have a problem with it at all...She keeps her nails in top shape to make her self look nice, you should do the same thing.
Most suits I wear are dark, and I've actually worn black before. As long as you like it, go for it! All colors are in now. Being well-groomed doesn't dictate color, especially if you feel your boss is particularly tolerant :)
I think that dark nail polish is okay for work but not black. And make sure that if you do wear dark colors that they dont chip because that definitely looks unprofessional. dark browns and reds are very classy i think. Good luck :)
I think that depends on what type of work you do. I am a dental hygienist and wouldn't were dark nail polish. I don't think it should be a problem in your field, try it on a Friday!
Actually, Dark colors are good for work because it shows you are more mature. Bright ones are some to worry about. YES wear this color. Do not worry about what will happen because you will go and get several compliments!
Not as long as it goes with your outfit, and is well-kept. Chipped nailpolish is super tacky. Dark nailpolish is a trend right now, it's not punk rock like it used to be.
It depends on what your job is. I think It's up to you or your boss. not black though. I wear neon green fingers sometimes Im at the front desk. I deal with people. just dont go overbored.
I don't think it's unprofessional at all. Just make sure it's applied nicely and it'll look both great and appropriate :)
it looks amazing and its definitely not unproffesional so long as they are neat. it will look really smart too so go for it :D
listen babe


it's alright to have a dark type of nail polish


i use it all the time.
as long as it matches your shoes its ok thats alll that matters for looking professinal other than not looking like a slutt
yes. Black nail polish is not something you would like to show up at work with.





hope it helped you a little:D
As long as you are professional, who cares what color your nails are :D go for it! I love those colors
yes very
  • lip cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment